Saturday 26 February 2011

Pathetic valentines and a pathetic zoo!

Valentines day! Its exactly what I did not want. Opening David's card however made me smile. Kyle also got a card from his boyfriend. so at least we were in a better mood than we could have been. We decided to make ourselves feel better by having a little shopping trip in town. I said I would treat us to dinner seen as it was valentines. I bought a pair of high tops, some baggy bottoms and a denim sachel bag, so I dont have to carry my lovely but massive purple one everywhere. We walked back towards the flat because I think kyle needed to pick something up and I dropped off my purchases. But on the way we decided to walk through the park and find the mysterious pathetic zoo thats supposed to be there. Well we found it and boy was it pathetic. there was an enclosure with turtles in it. Lots of them, bless they were all trying to get on the small island of rock in the middle of their pool, but ended up sitting on top of each other because there wasnt enough room for them all. there was a lot of chickens, some goats and more chickens. round the other side of the "zoo" we found a large enclosure with what I honestly never thought I would see in my lifetime. It had Rabbits (poor tatty looking things), chickens and cockerals. And you will never guess what else happened to be in that enclosure. A cat, yes of all the things that end up with a load of rabbits and chickens. But one thing I have noticed around Athens is that the cats dont bother with pigeons, you would think that they see them as a free meal, but no they dont bother with them. Just as the dogs dont really bother with cats. And just like all the other cats i have seen/met the cat in the enclosure never bothered the chickens or rabbits. In all honesty it looked terrified by the cockeral that was next to it.
We continued our walk through the big park and ended up come out of a different gate than we usually do, but we ended up looking at what we think is the Priministers Mansion. It was gorgeous and all the police and guards around kinda gave it away. We tried to peek over the wall and managed to see perfectly manicured lawns and a swimming pool. It was very interesting to see that we lived just up the road from the Priminister. I mean we're practically neighbours, I do so hope we get an invite to any parties he has coming up, (just kidding of course, too many bureaucrats and snobs for my taste).
We went for a meal at the restaurant we went to last time because it was really nice, and whenever the man sees us he always shouts "HELLO ENGLAND!" its great and never fails to make us smile or laugh. For tea we both had kontosouvli which is bascially a plate of meat and chips (its fabulous) its also a traditional greek dish.
After our meal we did a bit more window shopping on the way to the bus stop. I was so full I needed a nap so we went home. I dont think we did much after that, we probably had a couple of beers on the balcony and then went to sleep.
so, goodnight x

No comments:

Post a Comment